Home of the Angel Island - Tiburon Ferry, Tiburon is a beautiful small town with a historic main street and numerous boutiques, art galleries, and restaurants, located just north of San Francisco. Downtown Tiburon is excellent for walking and biking.
Things to see include:
- Old St. Hilary's Church, a Roman Catholic Mission built in 1888
- China Cabin, a Victorian style salon taken off the passenger and cargo ship S.S. China
- Train and Ferry Terminal, built in 1884, located on the Waterfront Park
- Main Street, a block of historical buildings from the late 1800s to the 1920s.
- Ark Row, the second block of Main Street where buildings were converted from 1890s-era houseboats
- Waterfront Park, a quarter-mile of waterfront grass and walking/bike paths with amazing views of San Francisco, Angel Island, and boats on the bay.
- Sam's Anchor Cafe, popular restaurant and bar, opened in 1920, on a pier overlooking San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge.
For a live webcam view of Tiburon, visit Sam's Cafe's famous Sam Cam >